This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to identify own learning goals and needs and develop a formal learning plan to participate in a vocational or workplace learning environment.
An individual performing these tasks works independently and uses familiar support resources as needed.
This unit applies to individuals who use, or are preparing to use, learning skills to complete workplace activities. This includes existing workers and individuals preparing for employment through vocational education and training. This unit should be integrated and contextualised with vocational training to support achievement of vocational competency.
This unit is aligned to, but does not fully address, the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) learning core skill indicators .01 and .02 at level 3 in the workplace and employment domain of communication.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
This section describes language, literacy, numeracy and employment skills that are essential to performance but not explicit in the performance criteria.
Foundation skills essential to performance are explicit in the performance criteria of this unit of competency.
Competency is to be assessed in the workplace, a workplace simulated environment or a vocational training context.
Skills must be demonstrated using routine texts or tasks that reflect those typically found in a workplace.
The following resources are to be made available:
- own familiar support resources.
- satisfy the requirements for assessors in applicable vocational education and training legislation, frameworks and/or standards, and
- have sound knowledge of the ACSF and performance features of the ACSF level being assessed, and
- have demonstrable expertise, knowledge and skills in the vocational contextualisation and assessment of the core skill, learning, and
- have completed the following or equivalent:
- TAESS00009 Address Foundation Skills in Vocational Practice Skill Set; or
- a higher level education qualification, such as:
- TAE80113 Graduate Diploma of Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice (and its equivalent TAE70111); or
- Bachelor of Education, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma of Education, or higher. This may include qualifications relating to TESOL, adult education or vocational education.