This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to identify routine workplace problems and plan strategies to respond to them.
An individual performing these tasks works independently and uses familiar support resources as needed.
This unit applies to individuals who use, or are preparing to use, learning skills to complete workplace activities. This includes existing workers and individuals preparing for employment through vocational education and training. This unit should be integrated and contextualised with vocational training to support achievement of vocational competency.
This unit is aligned to, but does not fully address, the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) learning core skill indicators .01 and .02 at level 3 in the workplace and employment domain of communication.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
This section describes language, literacy, numeracy and employment skills incorporated in the performance criteria that are required for competent performance.
Writing Records feedback from trainer or supervisor
Oral Communication Discusses problem-solving strategies with trainer or supervisor
Problem Solving Identifies problems and plans strategies for responding to them
Planning and Organising Develops strategies to respond to problems
Competency is to be assessed in the workplace, a workplace simulated environment or a vocational training context.
Skills must be demonstrated using routine texts or tasks that reflect those typically found in a workplace.
The following resources are to be made available:
- own familiar support resources.
- satisfy the requirements for assessors in applicable vocational education and training legislation, frameworks and/or standards, and
- have sound knowledge of the ACSF and performance features of the ACSF level being assessed, and
- have demonstrable expertise, knowledge and skills in the vocational contextualisation and assessment of the core skill, learning, and
- have completed the following or equivalent:
- TAESS00009 Address Foundation Skills in Vocational Practice Skill Set; or
- a higher level education qualification, such as:
- TAE80113 Graduate Diploma of Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice (and its equivalent TAE70111); or
- Bachelor of Education, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma of Education, or higher. This may include qualifications relating to TESOL, adult education or vocational education.